David Schlottach

David Schlottach, 79 of Lakefield, Minnesota entered into eternal rest on Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at his residence in Lakefield. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2020 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Lakefield, with Reverend Phil Beukema officiating.  Visitation will be held on Friday, June 12, 2020 from 12-1 p.m. at the church.  Burial will take place immediately following the service at Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery in Lakefield.

David William Schlottach, son of Martin and Laurena (Schmidt) Schlottach, was born on June 6, 1941 at his parents’ home in Lakefield, Minnesota. David was baptized at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Rost Township and confirmed at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Lakefield.  He attended Lakefield public schools and graduated in 1959. Upon graduation from high school, David attended Mankato state for a year and half for drafting and engineering design. David married his high school sweetheart Connie Tallman on January 5, 1962 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Lakefield. They were blessed with 2 daughters Sandrea and Stacy. David started his carpentry career at the early age of 14 with his father. He and Connie built a business that they were very proud of.  In 1999 David’s health began to decline and slow him down a bit. David entered into eternal rest, at his residence, with family by his side on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at the age of 79 years.

David was a caring, outgoing, and hardworking gentleman.  David was also very active at Immanuel Lutheran Church and in the Lakefield community. He had a passion for sports. The Minnesota Vikings and Twins were on the top of the list. Besides being involved in Lakefield Panther sports, David also played town team baseball, softball, golfed and bowled. David loved spending time with his family, at picnics, outside playing ball, or building things with them. He also enjoyed taking pickup rides and tea with friends.  In his down time, he enjoyed watching TV and being in charge of the remote. David has left a lifetime of memories for his family and friends to cherish.

David is survived by his wife of 58 years Connie; daughter Sandrea Schlottach and her daughters Laurena (boyfriend Logan LeCompte) Schlottach-Ratcliff and Suzanna Schlottach-Ratcliff;  daughter Stacy (Kevin) Rossow, their children and grandchildren, Cole (Laura) Rossow, Holly and Blain; Audry (Grant) Hovland, Dorothy, Josiah and Roscoe; and Grace (Kilen) Warmka; sister Anita (Schlottach) Olson; in-laws Gus (Joanne) Tallman and Tami (Don) Hedrick; along with nieces and nephews.

David is preceded in death by his parents Martin and Laurena: father and mother in-law Wesley and Edna Tallman: brothers-in-law Jim Olson and Nathan Tallman.

Blessed be the memory of David William Schlottach.

11 thoughts on “David Schlottach”

1. Jim & Joyce Aden says:

Connie and family,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time and the days ahead without your loved one. Dave was the nicest person and always enjoyed visiting with him. He will be greatly missed. Hold on to all the memories you had with him. R.I.P. Dave.

1. Connie & Family says:

Thank you everyone for your love & support.

2. Donald Ackerman says:

How did David and Connie from Their high school days. David build my house in Lakefield. Wonderful To work with.

3. Sherrill Frantsen says:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I always remember Dave having this great smile on his face all the time. He was so kind and friendly. He was a neat person with very many talents in the construction business and wood working. We can always say that Dave and Wally built our garage. I have great memories of him as well with you Connie, Sandy and Stacey. He will be missed by all.

4. Bob and Mary Jane Palmby says:

Connie and family,
    You have our condolences on the passing of Dave. We were good high school friends and sports teammates for several years. It is always difficult to lose long time friends even though we have had minimal contact for many years. He was a fun guy and good friend. Bob Palmby

5. Elaine McDowell says:

Connie and family,
    May the Lord be with you at this time of sorrow. I have memories of living next to you in Lakefield after Dave built the house my folks retired in. Babysitting the girls, how impressed I was with your blue decorated Christmas tree. I am happy I have one of the crosses Dave made. Peace to you all!

6. Bill Ward says:

Connie and family,
    Dave was always one of the good men of my youth, much of which was spent with my own dad working on Schlottach Construction buildings. Between those times and all our up north fishing trips, where I was the young kid among men, I found him to be a man of character, hard work, and fun. I, like many, was blessed to have Dave in my life. I hope he and dad are getting re-acquainted, they need to catch up on some fishing time.

7. Woody Kraft says:

Connie and family, sorry for your loss. I enjoyed visiting with Dave when we had coffee in the morning at the cafe and when we played cards. He will be missed.

8. Beverly Hines says:

My thoughts and prayers to you Connie and family. Dave always was friendly and had a great smile. 🙏

9. Verlin & Soneva Goering says:

Connie & family ~
    We are so sorry to hear about Dave’s passing. We have so many special memories of class reunions and Birthday Bash get togethers! Dave & is Dad Martin built our home in 1976 & they were excellent guys to work with. Very happy we had them build our house. Our thoughts & prayers are with you Connie at this very sad time.

10. Joni says:

Connie and family..so sorry to hear of Dave passing. I worked for the city of lakefield when he was the mayor. He was the best! Could never find a better guy. Prayers to all.