Ryan T. Reed

Reed, RyanRYAN T. REED, 34, of Sibley, Iowa passed away on Friday, May 24, 2013 at the Avera-McKennan Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Memorial service will be on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM at the Zoar Presbyterian Church in George, IA with Pastor Dale Lint officiating. Burial will be at a later date in the Zoar Presbyterian Cemetery.

Visitation will be one hour prior to the service at the Church.

In lieu of flowers, memorials preferred.

RYAN TANNER REED was born on March 20, 1979 at the Worthington Regional Hospital in Worthington, Minnesota, the son of Julius and Pamela (Leverenz) Reed.  He graduated from Sibley High School in Sibley, Iowa in 1998.  On December 8, 2012, he was united in marriage to Stacy McDonald at the Zoar Presbyterian Church.  He had been a member of the Okabena Bees 4-H club in Nobles County.  He loved to ride and train horses. He had been working at Sunrise Farms in Harris, Iowa for the past 2 years.  Ryan passed away at the Avera- McKennon Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on Friday, May 24, 2013 at the age of 34 years, 2 months and 4 days.

Ryan had been baptized and confirmed at the 1st Presbyterian Church in Sibley.  He had a true love of horses.  He had showed in many horse shows and winning high honors.  He had won the state championship for the POA – Pony of America.  He had also shown on the international stage.  He loved to cook and enjoyed the outdoors.

Ryan is survived by his wife, Stacy Reed and his stepchildren, Naomi and Nicholas of George, his children, Alexa, Kaitlynd, Tyra and Carter of Sibley, his brothers, Jason DeWall of Jackson and Brent Reed of Sibley, his sister, Mandy Reed of Sibley, his father, Julius (Lorrie) Reed of Sibley, his mother, Pam Johnson of Storden, and his grandmother, Geneva Reed of Sibley and grandparents, John and Shirley Leverenz of Windom.

Ryan was preceded in death by his grandfather, Chester Reed.

Blessed be the memory of Ryan Tanner Reed.

19 thoughts on “Ryan T. Reed”

1. Pamela Kay Leverenz Johnson says:

I love you Ryan. I cannot even find words to describe my loss. I wish you knew how much we loved you,if you knew how much we adored you,you could never leave us this way. Rest in Peace~~~~~your mom.

2. Carla Croatt says:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time..

3. Llarry & Ruth Smith says:

We love you Ryan and always have….We love you also Genieva and you all have our deepest sympathy….We are praying for strength=th for Pam and all of you….Yes Jason we love you also and will also be praying for you…..May Ryan rest in peace….Love to all

4. Ron & Phyllis Huisinga says:

So sorry to hear about Ryan’s passing. We pray that the Lord will comfort all of you at this time. Ron & Phyllis

5. Phyllis Brunk says:

So sorry to hear of Ryan’s passing. He was always a fun kid at the Southwest Trailriders Horse shows. My sympathy and condolences to his family.

6. Pete Byam says:

Dear Pam and family,
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    So young.

7. Sherrie Prins Porth says:

To all of Ryan’s family. I am so sorry for your loss. I too remember Ryan from the Southwest Trailriders Horse shows. He was a fun kid and was always nice to everyone. It was fun to watch him show his horses – he had such great talent. May you find comfort and strength through family, friends and God in your difficult time of sorrow. You have my deepest sympathy.

8. Barbara Meinders says:

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies to all of you. We have many fond memories of Ryan throughout the many years of showing horses with him and the family. God Bless You All at this time.

9. Gary and Anna (Randall) Hieronimus Jr says:

What a tragic loss. Our sincere condolences go out to all of Ryan’s family and friends.

Gary and Anna (Randall) Hieronimus
    and
    The JHS Class of ’92

10. Naomi says:

We all love u sooo much Ryan. My mom told my dad and the day u past away was when we picked up my friend and my dad told me and I drop my lab top and couldn’t stop crying. May u RIP. Love, Your Family

11. Kaitlynd Reed says:

:'(

12. MOM says:

I still cant believe this is real……you are thought of daily, I see your bright brown twinkling eyes, and that smile. Shy but full of mischief…….

13. Pamela Johnson says:

2 years and I miss you, every facet of you~your quirky personality. I love you~MOM

14. Alexa Reed says:

Almost four years have gone and I still miss you. You are the best daddy in the world and I miss every single fact about you.

15. Alexa Reed says:

And one more thing, daddy I will miss you forever.

16. Aidan Espeland says:

im sorry that happened my friend had his dad die

17. Pamela K. Leverenz Johnson says:

Thinking of you~you would be so proud of your kids~Rest in Peace my beautiful boy~

18. Pamela K. Leverenz Johnson says:

Please be with Caleb as he journies…..watch over Erica and the kids…..You have beautiful children and they are doing well. We miss you for the real person you were….I understand now……..Love you Mom

19. alexa:( says:

when you said you will always be there for me, i get what you meant now. you meant that you would walk the path of life with me, dead or alive.