LaVonne L. Raile

LAVONNE RAILE, 66, of Lakefield, passed away at home, on Thursday, March 11, 2010. Funeral services are planned for Sunday, March 14, 2010, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lakefield beginning at 2:00 PM, with Pastor Bob Iverson officiating. Burial will take place at a later date. A visitation will be held on Sunday, one hour prior to the services at the church.

La Vonne Lois Raile, daughter of Wilhelm and Arlene (Wolff) Schultz, was born on October 24, 1943 in Windom, Minnesota. As a child she attended Immanuel Lutheran School and Lakefield Public Schools, later graduating from Lakefield High School in 1961. After school La Vonne worked for Dr. Wood’s Dental Office in Lakefield before moving to Bloomington in 1964. La Vonne remained in Bloomington where she worked in data processing, until 1971, when she decided to move to Las Vegas, Nevada. She obtained a job working for Clark County as a Senior Management Analyst in the Business Licensing Department. It was here, in Las Vegas, where she would meet her future husband, Verlin “Duke” Raile.

La Vonne and Duke were married on February 8, 1975 in Las Vegas, Nevada. La Vonne and Duke remained in Las Vegas until 2003 when, after La Vonne’s retirement in 2002, they decided to move home to Lakefield. La Vonne passed away at home on Thursday, March 11, 2010 at the age of sixty-six years, four months, and fifteen days. La Vonne and Duke were members of Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lakefield, where La Vonne enjoyed being a member of the Altar Guild. She was also a member of the American Legion Ladies Auxiliary. La Vonne and Duke enjoyed traveling across the United States and Europe, and especially enjoyed going on cruises with their friends. La Vonne was also a collector and one of her favorite things to “hunt” for was “depression era glass.” La Vonne is survived by her husband of thirty-five years, Duke; a brother Daniel (Rose) Schultz of Lakefield; a sister, Linda Davis of Lakefield; a brother-in-law, Delbert (Marilyn) Raile of St. Francis, Kansas; and a sister-in-law, Verla (Art) Inness of Denver, Colorado. Other survivors include her many nieces and nephews, Danette (Arnold) Tolan of Orleans, IA.; Lynette (Marlin) Olson and Troy (Heidi) Schultz of Lakefield; Angela Davis of Mpls. MN; Chad (Angela) Raile of Los Angeles, CA; Cody (Samantha) Raile, Nick Raile and Matt Raile, of St. Francis, KS; Delwin (Cheryl) Inness of Seattle, WA and Natisha Inness (Earl Graham) of Kansas City, Kansas; her two great-nieces, Trinity and Isabelle Schultz, and great-nephew (Godson) Hayden Schultz. La Vonne was preceded in death by her parents Wilhelm and Arlene Schultz. Blessed be the memory of La Vonne Lois Raile.

17 thoughts on “LaVonne L. Raile”

1. Ardel Jorgensen says:

La Vonne was a remarkable and extraordinary woman. I had the honor and pleasure of working with her for so many years in Clark County Nevada. She was a person of high ethical standards and morals. Her exceptional work ethics stood out amongst her peers, a quality to be emulated. La Vonne was a pillar in the workplace providing unquestioned support to those around her. Her smile, her laughter, her wisdom and her presence will be missed by all who knew and loved her. My deepest sympathies to Duke and her family.

2. Gail Purnell says:

Duke,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this very sad time. LaVonne was a very special person in the lives of many people. She will be missed.

Gail

3. Sherri Helmuth says:

I just saw you both in Vegas a few weeks ago. How precious each day is, she will be missed.

4. Betty Petersen says:

Duke we are very sorry to hear of your loss of Lovonne. May the memories that the two of you shared help you through this difficult time. If we can do anything for you please fon’t hesitate to ask. She will be missed,

5. Marv and Anita says:

Verlin, we are so sorry, our hearts go out to you and your family.

6. Delwin Inness says:

Yes, LaVonne will be greatly missed. She was a wonderful aunt. Sniff sniff

Love you Aunt LaVonne

7. Roge & Coleen says:

Verlin,. thinking of you at this sad time but also about the wonderful memories you must have of your life together.

8. LaVaughn Cemensky says:

The love you and LaVonne shared for 35 years was blessed with happiness, all too soon you have lost your best friend and the dreams you two kept close in your hearts.
    Sincere Sympathy
    LaVaughn Cemensky

9. Floyd J. Monville says:

Duke @ Family:
    LaVonne,was a very dear friend, and will be missed very much. She will always be in my mind and in my prayers.I’ll miss our good times together ” Duke “.

My Deepest Sympathy,
    Floyd J. Monville

10. Nikki Nelson says:

I am so sorry for your loss. You are such a sweet heart and if you need help with anything just let me know.

11. Monica and John says:

May the treasure of your memories bring you some peace today and tomorrow. With love and deepest sympathies….

12. Becky Flynn says:

To really know LaVonne was to love LaVonne and to know God’s love. LaVonne demonstrated love, wisdom, knowledge, friendship, humor — all good things. She could be relied upon in any situation and possessed one of the purest souls I have witnessed. She loved you, Duke — you were so well-suited and truly complemented eachother. She will always be with you. I considered LaVonne like family because that was the type of friend she was. There are no adequate words to describe my feelings at this time. May your happy memories sustain you and give you peace and joy until you again meet in Heaven. God bless you and keep you.

13. Verla & Art Inness says:

Verlin,

There is so little one can say, but our hearts go out to you. Time (35 years together) was much too short for your togetherness. People pass on, but their memory lives on in our hearts…and you will have many memories of La Vonne with all your travels and times you have shared, loved, and worked together…you were a team, and a successful team. We’re so glad we had some memorable time together in November. May time and love bring you peace until you both meet again in Heaven, and may God’s love give you strength during your time of sorrow. Even though we are far away in miles, please let us know if there is anything at all we can do. We will be with you at the time of her burial.

We love you and La Vonne
    Sister, Verla & Art

14. Les & Mary Goodwin says:

DUKE-BOTH MARY & I ARE IN A STATE OF SHOCK ALSO. I CONTACTED MARY WHO IS IN FLORIDA FOR 2 WEEKS AND SHE PASSES ON HER SINCERE CONDOLENCES. WE SHALL NEVER FORGET THE GOOD TIMES WE HAD TOGETHER IN GERMANY AND THEN IN LAS VEGAS WHILE WE WERE STATIONED TOGETHER. YOU WERE ALWAYS SO SPECIAL AS FRIENDS AND OUR WHOLE FAMILY ENJOYED YOUR VISIT TO MCINTOSH. LAVONNE WAS A VERY SPECIAL, INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING WHO WILL BE MISSED GREATLY BY ALL. OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO YOU AND LAVONNE’S FAMILY. GOD BLESS HER

15. The Hayden Family says:

Duke,
    When we heard the news, we were completely shocked and saddened. What amazing memories and pictures we have of the fun you and Lavonne with all your friends in Las Vegas. The parties, travels and love you shared will forever be remembered. I grew up sharing so much of my high school trials with Vonnie and Mom as they were a team at work, and when I called or needed something they were always ready!!! We will keep you in our prayers and send much Love.
    Dawnie, Mom and Dad

16. Marge Boelhouwer says:

Duke: So saddened to learn of LaVonne’s death. I have many happy memories of her and will always think of her when I see blue depression glass. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely, Marge

17. Judi Hetling says:

I am deeply saddened by the news, we all thought she was so strong. LaVonne was many things to me, but mostly a friend, I will always miss her. I learned so much from her and she was a true friend that I could count on. She truly was a blessing for those around her, so committed to her family and friends and especially you, Duke. I’ll always remember her integrity, her laugh and smile and miss it. Dale and I send our prayers to help you and your family through this difficult time. God bless you and LaVonne.