David John Cihak

David John Cihak, 63, of Jackson passed away unexpectedly at the Jackson Medical Center.  Funeral services are planned for Monday February 23, 2009 at 10:30am at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Jackson with Father Peter Schuster officiating.  Burial will take place immediately following the service at Good Shepherd Cemetery in Jackson. A visitation will be held on Sunday February 22, 2009 from 3-5pm at the Osterberg Funeral Home in Jackson and on Monday one hour prior to the services at the church.  There will be no rosary service on Sunday night.   David John Cihak was born on March 31, 1945 in Des Moines Township, Jackson County, Minnesota.  He was the son of John and Mayme (Benes) Cihak.  As a child David attended Jackson Public Schools, graduating from Jackson High School in 1963.  After high school David stayed to farm the family farm.  On June 22, 1968 David was united in marriage to Judith Ann Olson at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Lakefield.  After marriage David and Judith made there home in rural Jackson County until David’s unexpected passing on Thursday February 19, 2009  at the age of 63 years, 10 months, and 19 days. David was baptized into the Catholic faith and later confirmed at St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church in Jackson.  David was an adventurous person in his youth.  He started riding bulls at the age of three, he managed to blow up his garage playing with his cannon, and he even managed to shoot a mouse into space.  No one is really sure where the mouse went, but he didn’t deploy his parachute.  David was a certified gun safety instructor for 12 years, although he was training people in gun safety for many, many years before he became certified.  He enjoyed hunting, fishing and going to local farm and hay sales.  David also enjoyed his daily coffee on top of the hill at Road Hummer and he was his own neighborhood watch, patrolling his neighborhood at all hours of the day and night.  David will be remembered by his neighbors as someone who was always willing to lend a hand, and help in anyway he could. David is survived by his wife of 40 years Judith, his seven children; Paul (Cindy) Cihak of Lakefield, Minnesota; Brenda Badgley of Jackson, Minnesota; Krista (Tim) Knakmuhs of Jackson, Minnesota; John (Jill) Cihak of Lakefield, Minnesota; Laura (Shaun) Marotzke of Benson, Minnesota; Rita Cihak of Jackson, Minnesota; and Mark Cihak and his fiancé Val Miranowski of Sioux Valley, Minnesota.  He is survived by his 10 grandchildren Chyenne, Caleb and Isaiah Cihak of Lakefield; Justice Badgley of Jackson; Noah and Benjamin Knakmuhs of Jackson; Jacob Cihak of Lakefield; and Ethan Nicholas, and Marissa Marotzke of Benson.  David is also survived by his brother and three sisters; Mary Anne Tusa of Jackson; Helen Fitzgerald (Dick Olson) of Fairfax, Virginia; Alice Pofahl (Hank Saathoff) of Vancouver, Washington; and Larry (Janice) Cihak of Washington. David was preceded in death by his parents and his infant grandson Joseph.  Blessed Be the Memory of David John Cihak.

9 thoughts on “David John Cihak”

1. Dave, Ruth, and David Baloun says:

Sorry to hear of the loss of a great man. He will be missed.

2. Don and Enid Anderson says:

Judy, we are sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our prayers. God be with you and your family.

3. Paula Olson says:

Our Thoughts And Prayers Are With Your Family.

4. Amber Minor (Wachal) says:

Judy,

I pray that you have many friends to comfort you, faith to uphold you, and loving memories to help you smile again.

With Sincerest Sympathy

Amber

5. Mark Wachal, Arvada, Colorado says:

Dear Judy,

I am shocked and sadden to learn of the loss of my neighbor and friend. I have spent this past week-end recalling the many memories and experiences that David, Benny Benes and I shared during our school years.

Sandee and I extend our sympathy to you and your family.

Mark

6. Mark Wachal, Arvada, Colorado says:

Dear Judy,

Sandee and I extend our sympathy to you and your family.

Mark

7. Cheryl and Bill says:

Judy – we will keep you and your family in our prayers during this difficult time – Bill and Cheryl(Gerdes) Aumer

8. John & Sheri Drahota, McGregor MN says:

Judy & family,

I was sorry to hear that David is no longer with us. It seems like only yesterday that I was walking beans and baying hay for your family. Time goes by much too fast. I miss seeing my old neighbors since we moved away 12 years ago. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

John

9. semrerCoone says:

Hey what’s up yawl, been lurking here for a while and decided to post. Something’s just bugging me recently lol.

The price of a VPS is getting cheaper every day

So I was reading an article today and I was distracted by this ad for a VPS server going for $4.95 per month. Now bear in mind this wasn’t shared hosting which I have also seen for around $1 per month in several places but a full blown Virtual Private Server. It got me thinking whether or not it would be worth it to buy shared hosting nowadays when you can just grab a VPS instead.